Sunday, November 25, 2012

NFL Picks, Week 12

Quick hitters this Thanksgiving weekend. But before the picks, fans of 31 teams should be most thankful for the fact that Mark Sanchez is not their starting quarterback. You know how quarterbacks get praised when a play breaks down and they make something out of it anyway? Well I'm pretty sure that running into your lineman's butt, fumbling the ball, and having that fumble returned by the defense for a touchdown is the exact opposite of that.

Oakland (+8.5) over CINCINNATI 
Cincinnati has been playing better recently, but I still don't trust them with a line that high. Even with the prospect of Carson Palmer forcing even more throws than usual into coverage with this being a revenge gaqme for him and all.

Pittsburgh (-1.5) over CLEVELAND
Sorry Cleveland, Pittsburgh takes care of business against you.

Buffalo (+3) INDIANAPOLIS
Too many holes in that Indy defense.

Denver (-10.5) over KANSAS CITY
Where is Kansas City going to get the offense to stay with Peyton Manning?
*Brady Quinn raises hand*
Anyone?
*Quinn wiggles his raised hand*
Seriously, anyone have any idea?
*Quinn lowers his arm, and head, in shame*

Tennessee (-4) over JACKSONVILLE
This would be an easy pick if Gabbert were starting. With Henne, I'm going to file last week under "aberration".

CHICAGO (-6.5) over Minnesota
I caught this line too late. Jay Cutler will officially play, and Percy Harvin officially won't.

Atlanta (-1) over TAMPA BAY
Atlanta isn't as good as their 9-1 record, but I think they're a more complete team than Tampa.

Seattle (-3) over MIAMI
I don't see how Miami sustains any sort of pass offense with the regressing Ryan Tannehill going against the Seattle secondary.

Baltimore (-1) over SAN DIEGO
Anyone who's read my blog knows I'm not high on Flacco at all. But I can trust Flacco not to hand points to the other team on a silver platter. I cannot say the same for Philip Rivers.

NEW ORLEANS (+1) over San Francisco 
Managing Colin Kaepernick for 2-3 drives is one thing, and quite frankly, last week's game with Chicago was over once Kaepernick led the 49ers to the 10-0 lead. Managing Colin Kaepernick for an entire game is a very different challenge, and I'm not sure Kaepernick is up to it.

St. Louis (+1.5) over ARIZONA
Arizona is starting rookie 6th round pick Ryan Lindley at quarterbak in this one. I have a policy of not trusting rookie 6th round pick quarterbacks. And for those of you waving Tom Brady in my face, first off, that's creepy. Secondly, Brady didn't play during his rookie season. It was his second season where Bledsoe took that hit that almost killed his insides and lost the job to Tom.

Green Bay (+3) over NEW YORK GIANTS
I know the Giants will emerge from their funk at some point. But until I see some evidence that they're trending that way, I'm not predicting it, especially at home, where they tend to struggle more than they do on the road.

Carolina (-2.5) over PHILADELPHIA
Simple: I don't think Carolina has quit on its season yet.


This week: 1-1-1 
Last week: 7-7 (.500)
Season: 69-86-5 (.447)

No comments:

Post a Comment