Friday, October 11, 2013

NFL Picks, Week 6

Home team in CAPS.

Byes: Miami, Atlanta

Cincinnati (-7) over BUFFALO 
I'm trusting the Bengals defense against a rookie quarterback. Considering they just held Tom Brady to 6 points, I should feel better about this pick than I do.

CLEVELAND (+2.5) over Detroit 
Yikes, back Detroit on the road or back Brandon Weeden...right now I'm guessing Calvin Johnson doesn't play, so I'm giving this to Cleveland.

KANSAS CITY (-7.5) over Oakland 
The Chiefs will sit back and wait for Oakland to beat itself, and the Raiders will oblige.

Green Bay (-2.5) over BALTIMORE
Baltimore's offense simply won't be able to keep up, even against the decimated Packers defense.

Carolina (+2.5) MINNESOTA
I'm forcing myself not to over-react to last week's dismal showing by the Panthers.

Philadelphia (-1) over TAMPA BAY 
I think Philly's tempo will give Tampa Bay's defense problems.

HOUSTON (-7) over St. Louis 
That defense should eat Sam Bradford alive, even if Matt Schaub remains catatonic.

NEW YORK JETS (-2.5) over Pittsburgh
The Jets defense is too good for a team as one-dimensional as Pittsburgh to come in and win this one.

DENVER (-26.5) over Jacksonville 
The Seahawks stopped playing midway through the third quarter in week 3 against the Jaguars and still won by 28. My only concern is Chad Henne comes on in garbage time and leads the Jags to a backdoor cover.

SEATTLE (-13) over Tennessee 
Seattle covers at home.

New Orleans (+1) over NEW ENGLAND 
I never thought I'd say this, but New Orleans is just a more complete team than New England is right now.

SAN FRANCISCO (-11) over Arizona 
The 49ers defense and running game again does enough to cover for a putrid passing game.

DALLAS (-5.5) over Washington 
I can't trust Washington's defense to do much better than Denver's in slowing down the Dallas offense.

Indianapolis (-1.5 ) over SAN DIEGO
Indianapolis is a very good team. San Diego is not anything close to a very good team.

Last week: 4-10 (.286)
2013 season: 30-44-3 (.409)

No comments:

Post a Comment