Thursday, December 22, 2016

NFL Picks, Week 16 - Thursday Night Edition

THIS WEEK'S NFL TV MAPS: 506SPORTS

As a Christmas/Holiday present to us all, there is lots and lots of football on TV this (extended) weekend. 

The majority of the country (in terms of map coverage, not necessarily number of households) will see 
Note that these games (as well as the majority of all NFL games) are on *SATURDAY* this weekend.
New York Jets at New England (CBS, 1 PM)
Minnesota at Green Bay  (FOX, 1:00 PM) 
Tampa Bay at New Orleans (FOX, 4:25PM)

The entire country will see 
New York Giants at Philadelphia (NBC, 8:30 *Thursday*)
Cincinnati at Houston (NFLN, 8:30 *Saturday*)
Baltimore at Pittsburgh (NFLN, 4:25 *Sunday*)
Denver at Kansas City (NBC, 8:30 *Sunday*)
Detroit at Dallas (ESPN, 8:30 *Monday*)

PHILADELPHIA (-1.5) over New York Giants 


I was ready for this game. The Giants are 10-4 while the Eagles are 5-9. But the Giants, who's strength has been their back seven, will be without their top cornerback for this game. And the Eagles are getting their right tackle (and very arguably best offensive lineman) back for tonight. And it's on a short week. And the game is in Philadelphia. So I was ready to take the home underdog and ride the Eagles this week...

...and then I saw the line. Philadelphia was favored by 1.5 points. I won't lie, that made me a little less confident, but I'm sticking with my gut. In truth, these two teams aren't separated by all that much if we throw records out the window. Add in better health for the Eagles, the volatility of Eli Manning, and a short week and we're looking at a defensive struggle. If this were a weekend game I'd probably take the Giants. But midweek I'll take the Eagles at home for my final Thursday pick of the season. 

2016 Midweek picks: 10-7

No comments:

Post a Comment