Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 3, final segment

Gonzaga looked really good in dispatching St. Johns in the first round (I'm not calling it the second round, it's not happening, let's move on). I'm still not sure how BYU made them look so unable to play with the Coffee-free ones, so I'll just do what everyone else does: JIMMER-TIME!!!!!!!! I will say though, that Jimmer is an offensive machine. Guy scores in every possible way.

A bigger man would probably commence eating his words on Wisconsin. To that line of thought I say, they scored 33 points in a Big Ten tournament game!!!! Thirty-three!!!! Good teams don't do that. I don't care that they beat Belmont and Jacob Pullen (oh, the rest of Kansas State played too? Didn't seem like it). They could win the whole thing, and I will not give them credit. I don't care that they lost, I care that they couldn't even average a point a minute. I hope Butler wipes the floor with them.

Back to the game, Pullen had no help, and still almost willed K-State to victory, but for all the good he did, he had 3 huge opportunities missed in the last 30 seconds. First, down 1, he drove down the court and lost the ball without getting a shot off. Then, down 3, he was fouled while shooting a 3, and missed the middle free throw. Finally, his potential tying 3-point attempt was blocked with 1-2 seconds left.

I didn't really believe UConn had enough to make a Final Four run, but I didn't see much standing in their way before SD State and then Duke. I have to give Cincinnati credit, as I didn't see them giving UConn any problems, and they really made it a dogfight to the finish. I give Walker credit, he's still carrying the UConn offense, and he put up over 30 points tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment