Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 2, late games

Now I don't know what to think, the A10 seemed to be a decent conference (Temple, Richmond advancing), and Xavier wiped the floor with it all season (with the exception of the A10 tournament). Marquette was the 11th team out of the 16-team Big East to make the tournament. And Marquette steamrolled Xavier. As John Madden might say, "Anytime you can hold the other team's 3 top scorers to very few points, you have to feel good about your defense." Xavier just got bullied off the floor. Considering yours truly was 11/11 today until Xavier got throttled, I filed this one under disappointing.

UNLV-Illinois was one of less than five games in the bracket where I had seen/read/heard nothing about either team. I was all set to pay attention to this one, as it was an 8-9 game and thus a probable close game to help close the night. I got distracted and by the time I came back to it Illinois was up 14. I don't think UNLV got that close again until less than 2 minutes remained and Illinois was just waiting for the game to end.

Wait, Georgetown, aren't you supposed to be good at basketball. Just when I willing to listen to Charles Barkley and write the Big East off as somewhat overrated, Marquette subdues a respectable Xavier team. Then, as I'm reconsidering my opinion, you guys lay down to VCU, who played less than 48 hours ago in that First Four garbage. So now what am I supposed to think? It's one thing to lose, but by 20+ at some points?

Washington is very, very athletic. They also committed some of the dumbest fouls I saw today (and that's saying something). Their second round game against North Carolina is going to be fast, crazy, and prone to outrageous lapses in concentration. What a comeback attempt by Georgia, they made this the only game of these last 5 that wasn't a snoozefest.

Indiana State wasn't much of a threat to Syracuse. You know why?



"All the negativity in this town stinks."

No comments:

Post a Comment