Sunday, January 2, 2011

NFL Play-in game: 4th Quarter -- PLAYOFFS!

- Well, Seattle made the plays, and the Rams blew their opportunities. A couple of huge drives for the Seahawks eating clock and getting 3 points. Incredible.

- In the end, the Rams were not ready for primetime, this applies double to their coach. Bad use of timeouts, and terrible non-use of his challenges. There were 2 big plays (3rd down non-catch call in the first half, terrible 1st down spot in 4th quarter) Spags should have challenged and didn't.

- On a related note, this officiating crew was terrible. If I see them in the playoffs that's a crime.

- If you had told me before the game that shady calls and wide receivers dropping the ball would play a big part in the game, I might not even have bothered to watch, as those are 2 areas Seattle tends to get the short end of the stick. Thankfully, it happened to the other guys this time.

- No apologies. How many teams beat the Bears in Chicago this year? Seattle did. Every team knows going in that the number 1 goal should be to win their division. You never know what may happened.

- I never thought a quarterback controversy on a 7-9 team would be this sweet.

- Finally, whatever happens, I've seen my Seahawks win essentially a playoff game. Didn't think I'd say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment